Application SpecialistGhent, Belgium with 20% travel
About DeLaval NVDeLaval (part of Tetra Laval Group) is a world leader in the dairy farming industry, providing integrated milking solutions designed to improve dairy farmers’ production, animal welfare and overall quality of life. They are a group of over 4500 passionate professionals operating in more than 100 markets across the globe. They work closely with their customers and dealers in partnership to realize their vision of making sustainable food production possible. DeLaval offers automatic and conventional milking systems, cooling and feeding systems, effluent & housing systems and farm management support systems. DeLaval customers can also choose from a wide range of services, farm supplies, consumables, which are developed and managed within the unit Milk Quality & On Farm Service Solutions.
Develop and coordinate implementation of emergent high-level plans
- Determine innovative concepts and chemical or mechanical mechanisms to provide efficacious, profitable and industry leading solutions in the domain of Cleaning and Hygiene for the dairy industry.
- Understand existing regional cleaning practice, equipment, local legal compliance and equipment requirements.
- Translate the concepts into Business Proposals for new projects. Develop value proposition, and product placement. Estimate budgets in combination with profit/loss.
- Closely cooperate with R&D and commercial teams, work alongside and cooperate with DeLaval Equipment Solutions Team, Digital Services and Service teams.
- Maintain a global competition & business intelligence awareness for related products and solutions for Cleaning Solutions.
- Conduct trainings and competence handover (technical, biological, feature and benefit).
- Contribute to drive growth and margin in the Milk Quality and Animal Health product area.
- As the Application Specialist you report to the Director Cleaning Solutions.
Embrace change as positive
- Master’s degree of Sciences or Economy: Bioengineering, Agronomy, Chemistry, Biology or related, Commercial Engineer.
- At least 5 years of B2B experience in a function like e.g. Product or Project Manager, Innovation Lead, Product Specialist.
- High level of familiarity with the agricultural or food processing industry.
- You are fluent in English.
- Strong strategic thinking ability with good communications skills.
- Organized, task oriented and analytical personality.
- Customer and market focused.
- Teamplayer, you are able to work in a multi-cultural and cross-functional environment.
DeLaval offers working within a high values company culture, an attractive working atmosphere in an international environment, and close support within a knowledgeable and driven team. There is space for personal initiative and a high level of autonomy. DeLaval offers a challenging position in a growing international organisation, and a market competitive remuneration package (including laptop and mobile, coverage of travel costs). You get the opportunity to work with an A-brand in a B2B environment. You can support development of new approach in Cleaning Solutions from idea generation to market release and beyond.
DeLaval has outsourced the recruitment and selection for above mentioned position exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.delaval.com.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.