Financial ControllerHome Office and at the office in Hedel (Hybrid)
Are you a dynamic and skilled Finance Professional who likes to work independently and thinks in terms of solutions? Are you passionate about analysing figures and improve processes? Do you thrive in a young international environment and are you ready to explore new horizons? Then we have a challenging position for you with scope and impact!
About Advanced Berry Breeding (ABB Group)Advanced Berry Breeding Group, ABB Group, is a renowned Dutch fast-growing company specialised in breeding and commercialising new varieties in healthy and tasty soft fruit, mostly raspberries. They create successful new varieties that are adapted to many different climates and are much appreciated by growers and consumers. ABB has exiting new varieties are in the pipeline and collaborates worldwide with many partners to deliver fantastic fresh Berry fruit. ABB Group is part of Planasa, a key player in breeding new varieties in soft fruit and headquartered in Spain with a strong international presence.
Broad role with plenty of opportunities to develop yourself in accounting, controlling, budgeting and forecasting. Acting as the right hand of the CEO.
- You are responsible for all accounting functions, including, but not limited to, bookkeeping, reviewing of financial information, preparing account reconciliations, reporting and variance analysis. You liaise with the external accountant.
- You ensure timely and accurate Month-end Closings (balance sheet account reconciliations, P&L and cash flow) and correct reporting: Analytical and Statutory.
- You analyse and report on the performance of the Operational and Financial metrics.
- You draw up the annual budgets (P&L and Capex), monitor and report on a monthly basis: identify, explain and substantiate the variances between Budget vs Actuals (YTD), report on profitability and cost behaviour. You advise on corrective measures.
- You manage internal and external audits and are responsible for providing information, support and coordination of these audits.
- You take part in various ad-hoc projects including the migration and implementation to the JD Edwards ERP system.
- You support and coordinate with legal department regarding Variety rights and IP contracts.
- As Financial Controller you report directly to the CEO.
Versatile, at once analytical and synthetic mindset, forward-looking trusted advisory
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economic Management or Business Related Studies.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a financial controller, auditor, or any similar position.
- Good understanding of local fiscal legislation, Dutch GAAP.
- Proficient in Excel, good knowledge of MS Office and ERP system (preferably JD Edwards)
- Fluent in Dutch, good command of English. Knowledge of French or Spanish would be a plus.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- You work in a structured way within set deadlines.
- Hands-on, pragmatic, stress-resistant and proactive.
- Helicopter view of ongoing processes.
- Analytical, accurate and quantitative (able to manage the big picture and details simultaneously).
- Strong work ethic.
Excellent career opportunity. You are part of an international and innovative niche player with an informal working environment. You get a lot of autonomy with room for initiative, personal development and professional growth.
Detailed information about the organization can be found at www.abbreeding.nl. ABB Group has outsourced the recruitment and selection for the vacancy exclusively to CeresRecruitment.