Lab TrialistTrial Station and offices in Londerzeel
You are a highly motivated and well-organized scientist and working in a laboratory makes you feel at home? Fancy playing a key role in the development of safe and effective crop protection solutions? You’re a team player and can’t wait to join a dynamic and dedicated team? If so, read further!
About BelchimBelchim Crop Protection is a Belgian fast-growing company specialized in the development and distribution of crop protection products. From its origin 35 years ago to its position as a major European player in the crop protection industry today, Belchim provides solution for arable crops as well as smaller crops and niche markets. Thanks to their collaboration with Japanese innovators and suppliers as well as their own molecules, they offer innovative products with outstanding efficacy and environmental profiles. Through their two trial stations in Europe, they are able to advise their customers on technical crop and product characteristics and therefore aim for a highly market-oriented approach which responds to the needs of present-day agriculture. For their head office in Londerzeel they are currently looking for Lab Trialists to strengthen the team.
Make sure that the lab operations are planned, executed, monitored, and reported
- In collaboration with the Laboratory Scientist and the Trial Station Manager, you analyse samples, maintain temporary and permanent plant pathogens/pests cultures and you are responsible for artificial infections.
- You are accountable for the timing and protocol of the laboratory trials and translate test results into attractive and comprehensible content.
- You ensure data accuracy, prepare evaluations and reports, communicate the results internally and provide scientific support during meetings.
- You ensure lab activities adhere to safety standards and monitor stock of products and materials.
- In this role of Lab Trialist, you will also take part in national and European projects, and you will report to the Laboratory Scientist.
Meticulous and goal-oriented scientist
- You have a master’s degree in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering.
- Knowledge or experience in phytopathology, entomology or botany is a plus.
- Fluent in English, the knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- You have strong planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- You’re motivated and energetic and can communicate effectively with colleagues and external partners.
- You have the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- You have a good eye for detail, and you like to work cross departmental.
- A varied job in a dynamic and international environment with room for initiative and learning opportunities.
- You’ll be part of a passionate and enthusiastic team in an informal and stimulating atmosphere.
- An attractive remuneration combined with extra-legal benefits.
Belchim has outsourced the recruitment and selection for above mentioned position exclusively to CeresRecruitment. Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.belchim.com.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.