R&D Manager BakeryErpe-Mere (Belgium) or nearby a production site in Europe
Do you want to work in a global company where you can contribute to the creation of novelties and breakthrough bakery innovations? Can you bring in the passion and set ambitious goals to achieve the best quality products? Then you might be interested in this job opportunity.
About La Lorraine Bakery GroupLa Lorraine Bakery Group is established in 1939 as a Belgian family business. With factories and research centers all over Europe, they can quickly respond to local needs now. More than 4000 colleagues produce and sell bakery products to consumers, supermarkets and the catering industry. The R&D team achieves, maintains and trains best practices in their industrial processes to produce high quality products: bakery, viennoiserie, savoury and sweet bakery. For the international business unit Frozen we are looking for a R&D Manager Bakery in the central R&D department.
Innovation generates impact
- You are member of the central R&D team, working closely with the Production Technologists, Quality Managers and Production Managers in the local production sites in different countries. For innovations & NPD you work closely with the NPD and marketing team.
- You manage 2 Food Technology & Innovation specialists. You are responsible for the pilot bakery related to the product category including the test baker. Indirect you lead the local Production Technologists (dotted lines).
- You manage them in applying the best proven production & quality practices from ingredients, over processes to end products by giving them your professional technological advice.
- You build, maintain and spread the knowledge base relevant for the product category. You create training sessions to relevant stakeholders and new trainees on the essentials of the product category.
- You lead the start up of new technologies (ingredients, recipes, process, storage, bake off parameters) and the creation of new products.
- You report to the International R&D Manager in the BU Frozen.
Experienced bakery technologist with a strong vision
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in bakery technology.
- Experience in this field within a context of industrialized processes.
- Fluently in English is essential.
- Willing to travel in Europe 40-60% of the time.
- Passion to develop top level products and technologies and knowing how to do it.
- Drive and personality to manage and build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Experienced in project management: challenged by complexity, getting topics prioritized.
- Flexibility and agility since you will work in a dynamic environment.
An interesting career opportunity within a well-established growing and ambitious Belgian family business active in the European bakery sector. You will have real impact on the assurance and continuous improvement of the production and technology experience. Entrepreneurship is strongly appreciated and there is room to take initiative. The La Lorraine Bakery Group Academy will support you so you can develop your career through various training initiatives. Taking care of their employees La Lorraine Bakery Group invests in sport and well-being activities and respects work life balance through 1day/week homeworking and flexible working hours. In this function you will enjoy an interesting financial package, a company car, meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, group insurance complemented by 30 days of vacation.
Erpe-Mere (Belgium) or nearby a production site in Europe (Poland, Turkey, Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary).
La Lorraine Bakery Group has outsourced the recruitment and selection for this position to CeresRecruitment. A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.