Sustainable Sourcing - Senior Project Portfolio CoordinatorHome Office | Paris
After more than 10 years of successful partnerships supporting nature-based solutions in agriculture worldwide, it is now time to move up a gear! Are you convinced that climate, nature and people's livelihoods are strongly linked? Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and are you excited to develop and manage solutions that have impact? Are you motivated to take a leadership role in building and leading stakeholder coalitions? Then is Livelihoods Funds looking for you!
About Livelihoods Funds
Since 2011, Livelihoods Funds has been on the ground supporting the efforts of rural and farming communities to restore the foundations of our home, the earth. They work hand-in-hand with local organizations on all continents to promote agricultural practices that positively impact people, nature and the climate. They do this with one conviction: no one can meet these complex challenges alone! Livelihoods' approach is based on partnerships and operational coalitions between different stakeholders; farmers and their organizations, international brands and local businesses, public organizations and governments.
To join the team of talented, dedicated and flexible professionals to help generate and coordinate projects for regenerative agriculture, they are looking for a Senior Project Portfolio Coordinator - Sustainable Sourcing, based in Europe with the need for teamwork implying that he/she will be able to be present at the headquarters in Paris approximately 20% of the time.
Someone who uses their knowledge and expertise to work from Paris or elsewhere in Europe (able to be present at headquarters 20% of the time) with both internal and external stakeholders to further shape Livelihoods' mission to support farmers and rural communities directly dependent on natural resources for income.
In this highly visible and influential position, on the one hand you will have regular contact at management level of large multinational companies and a little later you will be standing among the animals and crop at the individual farmer's yard.
As Senior Project Portfolio Coordinator - Sustainable Sourcing you will be responsible for three main tasks:
- Identifying and developing business opportunities in partnership with food, textile and cosmetics companies in particular to support regenerative agriculture projects.
- Program management, portfolio management and reporting to corporate partners for intended objectives in relation to investment programs.
- As Project Leader, oversee the quality and implementation of field projects in different regions.
You must possess optimism, perseverance, integrity, expertise and be very collaborative in order to identify and evaluate project opportunities for Livelihoods Funds, recognize trends in regenerative agriculture and define and engage corporate partners for long-term transformation.
You will do this by playing a key strategic role in developing relationships with companies that lead to long-term business involvement in projects in the field, fueled by your knowledge of sustainability, market and consumer trends in relation to regenerative agriculture. You will also develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for various programs and portfolio in order to adequately inform investors. In doing so, you also contribute to unambiguous communication at various levels.
More project wise, together with other specialists within Livelihoods Funds and external stakeholders, you are responsible for project design and ensure that the Livelihoods Funds project manager in the field can do his job in order to achieve the intended project outcome.
As such, the Senior Project Portfolio Coordinator - Sustainable Sourcing is particularly responsible for:
- Play key role with respect to establishing, facilitating and coordinating partnerships and project coalitions.
- Oversee co-design and implementation of agro-ecological and regenerative agriculture projects, appropriate within the on-site context.
- Coaching and supporting internal project managers and external project implementers.
- Provide (progress) reporting to funds and platforms on regenerative agriculture projects, including mitigation plans.
- Manage KPIs and project portfolio.
- Recruit and engage new partner organizations.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and long-term activities by playing an active role within the governance of projects and/or programs and acting proactively and result-oriented.
You are an experienced and driven Project & Partnerships Manager, liaison and researcher with a relevant academic background and broad interest in sustainable, nature-inclusive and regenerative agriculture who wants to contribute to the transformation required for the benefit of air, water, soil and climate and knows how to make strategic alliances with the business community, among other things!
- You are familiar with sustainability within the FMCG sector and have broad knowledge in the field of nature-inclusive and regenerative agriculture in relation to climate.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in a similar position.
- You have a university degree in business administration, agriculture and/or sustainability.
- You can independently initiate and lead programs and projects.
- You have excellent communication skills in order to be a good interlocutor for both strategic high-end business relations and individual farmers. You are fluent in several languages, including at least English.
- You have a healthy dose of courage, think in solutions and want to achieve the best possible result within the set frameworks for nature and environment, but also for individual farmers, (internal) cooperation partners and clients.
- You know what is going on in the field of regenerative agriculture and sustainability within the FMCG sector and know how to translate this into opportunities and possibilities in the field (entrepreneurship).
- You motivate people around you and gain support from relevant (external) stakeholders.
- You are able to travel regularly and be present at the head office in Paris approximately 20% of the time.
- Affinity with nature, environment and regenerative agriculture.
- Connecting personality and communicatively strong.
- Passionate, enthusiastic and committed.
- Assertive, constructive and flexible.
- Self-supportive from a strong intrinsic motivation.
- Curious by nature (being aware of trends and developments).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Enterprising and consultative with strategic thinking skills.
- Independent, solution-oriented, curious and enterprising.
- Vocal and written skills and the ability to express yourself in several languages (including at least English).
- Last but not least: Fully committed to the vision and mission of Livelihoods Funds!
Livelihoods Funds offers a varied and challenging fulltime position in an inclusive environment for all employees. Livelihoods Funds is a dynamic organization where there is maximum room for development and initiative. The salary is appropriate to the content of the position. Inclusion in the salary scale depends on relevant work experience. The appointment is for the duration of one year with intention to convert to a permanent position. You will have the opportunity to work from home and flexibly.
Livelihoods Funds has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the vacancy of Sustainable Sourcing - Senior Project Portfolio Coordinator to CeresGreen.