Project Manager Breeding (vervuld)Tienen 70% - Travel 30%
A propos de SESVanderHaveSESVanderHave, an international market player in the production of sugar beet seed, is specialized in each aspect of the research, breeding, biotechnology, production, processing and marketing of sugar beet seed. Worldwide SESVanderHave sells 360 varieties of seeds in over 50 countries and each variety represents a customized solution to meet the needs of a specific sugar beet market. The sugar beet varieties result from SESVanderHave’s research and breeding programs with its proprietary germplasm. Wherever sugar beets are grown, SESVanderHave is present. Due to an internal promotion, SESVanderHave has the following vacancy: Project Manager Breeding.
Breed to improve the yield and seed quality of sugar beet
- Within the SESVanderHave R&D organization, and together with a team of several colleagues you will be responsible for specific breeding projects of the global sugar beet breeding program.
- You will develop part of the SESVanderHave germplasm into parental lines and hybrids with defined characteristics for application in specific markets.
- You will be planning the activities and required resources for the successful execution of your projects which will be performed by the different units of the R&D organization (R&D operational staff, statisticians, phytophathologists, genotyping specialists, plant physiologists).
- You will realize high yielding hybrids with optimal combination of traits required for various market conditions. The traits towards sustainable agriculture include tolerance and/or resistance to various biotic and abiotic stress factors, seed quality and seed multiplication quality.
- You will be operating in close cooperation with the breeding and marketing teams, with specialists in the domain of seed technology, field trials, molecular breeding, plant physiology, statistics, bio-informatics and phytopathology.
- You will ensure alignment of new products with requirements of specific markets, including contacting relevant authorities engaged in testing of sugar beet varieties.
- As Project Manager Breeding you will report to the Head Inbred Line Development.
- Master or PhD of Bioengineering, Agronomy or Agriculture, Genetics, Plant Breeding, or Biotechnology.
- Familiar with hybrid plant breeding, you are acquainted with traditional breeding strategies and molecular breeding methods and concepts.
- Basic to advanced knowledge in biotic and/or abiotic stress physiology is an asset.
- You are fluent in English and at least one additional language (FR, NL, DE, ES, RU).
- You have analytical, technical, project management and leadership skills.
- You are a team player, who is result oriented, pro-active and with a hands-on mentality.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Attractive remuneration and extra-legal package.
- Challenging and diverse responsibilities.
- An innovative and dynamic environment based on respect and growth on personal level.
- Easy communication on all levels inside and outside the company.
- SESVanderHave offers an environment where you get all freedom to deploy yourself in technical aspects and soft skills.
SESVanderHave has outsourced the recruitment and selection for above mentioned position exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.sesvanderhave.com.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.