Lead Scientist Priming TechnologyEnkhuizen
Over Germains Seed Technology
Germains Seed Technology, founded in 1871, has become an industry leader in seed treatment technologies with 200 experts, collaborating in four agricultural crop sectors worldwide. At a time when pressure on land, water and resources is greater than at any time in human history, Germains exists to help customers to maximize the productivity and cost-effectiveness of their crops. The portfolio encompasses Prime, Pellet, Filmcoat and Health; using innovative processes and technologies that increase germination and uniformity as well as maximize quality and yield.
Working in 8 locations across 2 continents, they work in partnership with their customers, listening to their needs, adapting swiftly in challenging environments and adding value to their businesses. ‘Maximizing nature’s potential is the aim’; based on the values of Courageous, Working together, Customer focused, Accountable and Passionate.
In The Netherlands they have their European Horticulture Office and Production Facility in Aalten and a dedicated R&D Centre in Enkhuizen.
Development and continuous improvement of technologies to enhance seed performance
- Work closely with R&D, Operations, Sales and customers to develop new seed treatments, and enabling technologies for the improvement of germination and vigour of seeds.
- Develop and continuously improve treatment offerings to ensure high quality treatments on the customers’ core species.
- Manage the Scientist Team in Enkhuizen, The Netherlands.
- Accurately record results, conduct statistical analysis to identify patterns and trends. Providing interpretation, writing clear reports and communicate knowledge and findings.
- Build effective internal and external relationships to ensure a clear understanding of customer needs and business priorities.
- Ensure that all work meets the required quality standards through rigorous adherence to company policy, procedures and prescribed standards. Making justified recommendations for improvements when required.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety policy and practices.
- You will report to and work closely together with the R&D Manager Europe.
Ability to translate plant science to operational practice
- MSc. or PhD, preferably a degree in Plant Science or Biology (eg. Plant Physiology, Seed Physiology, Microbiology and/or Phytopathology).
- Minimum 3 years’ postgraduate experience in biological sciences area. Preferably experience in Seed Physiology and the conduct of experiment and trials.
- Knowledge of the Seed Industry.
- Direct Line Management experience preferred. Alternatively, a desire to manage assistants and/or R&D groups.
- Fluent in English and proficiency in other additional languages would be preferred.
- Good communicator within an academic and a business environment.
- Project and people management skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Customer- and market-oriented.
- Understand and manage business priorities in order to meet commercial objectives.
- Effectively manage and organise workload.
- High level of commitment and involvement.
Germains offers an interesting opportunity to contribute to the filling of the pipeline as necessary base for the growth strategy and strong ambitions of an international and innovative niche player with a strong parent company. Germains is part of Associated British Foods plc; to this day, a family-run, multi-billion pound turnover and FTSE 100 company. Good possibilities for further personal development in a professional training and working environment and a competitive remuneration package.
Germains has outsourced the recruitment and selection for the Lead Scientist Priming Technology exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.germains.com.
A personality questionnaire will form part of the recruitment process.