R&D Manager FlavoursRoeselare (Belgium) | combined with Home Office | occasional travel
Do you want to drive innovation and sustainability in the world of snacking? Are you a creative mind with knowhow in food technology? Does managing stand for setting clear goals, sharing passion and inspire? What if you got the opportunity to do this on an international level in a visionary company? Join Paulig’s R&D team as Manager Flavours.
About Paulig GroupAt Paulig, people are united by purpose, for a life full of flavour! This family-owned company in the food industry, founded in 1876, is now established as a prominent international player in the food and beverage industry with iconic brands in coffee, food concepts, spices, plant-based products and snacks. A portfolio including strong brands as Paulig, Santa Maria, Risenta, Poco Loco and Zanuy. The company is now present in 13 countries with 2300 employees, achieving revenues of 1.1 billion euros in 2022. For the Snacking division there is a job opportunity for a R&D Manager.
Revolutionizing with inventive flavours and expert product mastery
- You lead the development of new flavours for the growing snacking range.
- You mentor your team members, guiding them to expand their knowledge and skills.
- You oversee new product introduction projects from laboratory to production line.
- You coordinate continuous improvement projects in flavour profiles, taste, quality, sustainability and cost.
- You work closely with your colleagues in Operations and Quality regarding compliance with food safety and legal requirements.
- You understand sensory evaluation processes and elevate testing methods to a next level.
- You explore industry trends and innovations in flavour development/snacking industry to identify market opportunities and fill the innovation funnel.
- You are part of the international R&D team (Belgium, Spain, Sweden) and collaborate with colleagues in other business units in Europe.
- You report to the Head of R&D.
Food Scientist, talented in tackling challenges
- You hold a Master degree/PhD in bio-engineering, food technology or chemistry, combined with relevant experience within the food industry or research.
- You have minimum 5 years experience in flavour development, preferably in snacking, bakery or aroma industry.
- You have experience in a management role.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are creative and yet also realistic, you turn a good idea into a winning result.
- You can prioritize and set goals.
- You have agile project management skills: flexible, adaptable to change, and responsive to stakeholder feedback.
- You have a mature business personality.
- Fluent communicator on different levels in the company, internationally and cross company.
- A challenging job in an international company.
- A dynamic, driven and ambitious culture and a collegial atmosphere. Shape a tasty future!
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- Easy to reach: no traffic jams to get to Roeselare.
- Attractive compensation package, completed with meal vouchers, ecocheques, pension plan and health insurance.
- Company car and charging card.
Paulig Group has outsourced the recruitment and selection for this position to CeresRecruitment.